Founded in 1908 by the Soeurs de la Congrégation Notre-Dame, Marianopolis College, a bilingual institution, was the first establishment for higher learning in the province of Québec for Anglophone Catholic women. When the Québec educational system underwent radical change, Marianopolis College became a college-level (Cégep) establishment in 1969 and welcomed its first male students.
Recognized today as one of the top pre-university institutions in Québec with 1,700 culturally-diverse students, Marianopolis College has produced more than 20,000 graduates in sciences, arts, music, business and social sciences.
Construction of an underground gymnasium, block J
In 2006, Pomerleau was awarded its first mandate for the construction of an underground gymnasium. The work to be undertaken was very complex as it was necessary to excavate 10 metres deeper into the heart of the mountain. The gymnasium was constructed entirely in exposed concrete. Despite the complexity of the project, Pomerleau was able to complete its project with panache.
Refit of the motherhouse
In 2006, Pomerleau was granted a new mandate to refit the Maison-Mère des Soeurs de la Congrégation de Notre-Dame. Different laboratories had to be integrated into the project. Once again, the project was completed to the great satisfaction of the client.