Home > Our Services > Alternative financing & procurement > Héma-Quebec Research Centre
Héma-Quebec Research Centre
Héma-Quebec is responsible for supplying quality medical transfusion and transplant products that respond to the needs of the Quebecers.
Located on the campus of Laval University, this new three-storey, 9, 800-m² research centre houses the following:
- Production:laboratories; 8 cold rooms,temperatures varying from -20ºC to +4ºC).
- Receiving and storage areas.
- Histo-Québec:Classes CL 100,000, CL10,000, CL 1,000 and CL 100 clean rooms.
- Call Centre
- Server room:fire protection system; pre-action system limits amount of water to which electronic systems are exposed.
- Laboratories: Haematology; Research and Development; Bioproduction(constructed to CL 100,000 and Health Canada GMP/US FDA standards.
- Hermetically sealed areas with positive pressure cascades.
- 3 cold rooms.
- Class BSL 3 containment room with airlock and negative pressure cascades; conforms to Health Canada's biosecurity standards.
- Electricity: 25 kV network through a 2,500 A service entrance; a UPS (uninterruptible power supply) continually filters the feed current. 800 kW back-up generating system maintains critical environmental conditions/equipment during power failures.
- Heating/Cooling: supplied by Laval University's systems with back-up boilers and chillers in case of failure.
- Ventilation: a total of 10 ventilation systems meet each sector's specific environmental requirements.
- Underground, accessible via campus network of underground passages.
Top of page
- Type of project :
- Type of contract mode :
- Design build
- research, cleanroom, parking
Sainte-Foy, Quebec City
- Type of service :
- Alternative financing & procurement, Financing, Value analysis
- Year of construction :
- Similar project :
521, 6th Avenue
Canada G5Y 0H1
Phone: (418) 228-6688
Fax: (418) 228-3524
E-mail: eric.lessard @ pomerleau.ca
Printed on: September 28, 2016