The 100,000 m2 former Eaton store is now a modern, 10-level, European-inspired complex.
Harmonizing past and present, we preserved the façade, removing decades of grime, the architectural design of the original windows and the magnificent 9th floor Art Deco restaurant, demolished the interior concrete structural frame, installed a huge atrium and curtain walls so natural light filters in on all levels, upgraded the passageway to the subway and underground city and replaced the elevators, escalators, electricity, plumbing, ventilation and other mechanical and electrical systems.
The environment is definitely contemporary but still in harmony with the historic nature of the prestigious 70-year-old building.
Commercial (Subway level to 4th floor)
- Les Ailes de la Mode occupies 22,500 m2.
- In an innovative concept, 70 boutiques occupy 13,500 m2.
Offices (35,000 m2, upper floors)
- High-performance energy systems.
- Sophisticated acoustical treatment.
- State-of-the-art telecommunications infrastructure.
- Separate entrances on University Street and de Maisonneuve Boulevard.
In 2002, this project won first prize in the institutional/commercial category awarded by The Canadian Institute of Steel Construction, Quebec division. During that same year, the project also won an Award of Excellence in the Real Estate - Gold category from UDI Quebec.