Since 1986, Pomerleau has been involved with the enhancement and enlargement of the Château Bonne Entente, originally an English country inn built in the early 1900’s.
Located on 37,000 m2 of parkland, today's Château is a modern hotel with 136 guest rooms/suites that still retains its rustic charm. It was the second hotel in Quebec to receive a 4-Diamond rating from the American Automobile Association and was recently awarded its 5th star by Quebec’s Corporation de l’industrie touristique.
December 1986 – October 1987; Turnkey
Pomerleau renovated and enlarged the hotel, bringing the total number of guest accommodations to 104 and updated the gourmet restaurant.
The new areas have steel or concrete structures while the renovated areas are either wood-framed or concrete block.
Sector-based, natural gas fired systems heat and cool the public areas while the guest rooms were all equipped with individual electric units for both heat and air-conditioning.
The landscaping work involved an artificial lake, tennis court and outdoor swimming pool.
1999 - 2000; Turnkey
Pomerleau completed the following, section-by-section, without disrupting the hotel’s operations:
- Added 32 guest rooms and renovated the rest.This included refreshing the original 15 rustic style guest rooms with their angled ceilings.
- Renewed all the decorative woodwork.
- Enlarged the kitchen.
- Relocated and completely renovated the reception area.
- Delivered the tenant improvements for Amerispa, making the new relaxarium the place to unwind.
- Almost doubled the ballroom to 423 m2 to seat more than 400. It features lots of windows and French doors leading to the gardens. With this enlargement, the 25-room Conference Centre can now accommodate 900 people.
March – July 2002; Lump Sum, Plans and Specifications: Pomerleau relocated the outdoor swimming pool, now usable 3 seasons of the year.
March – June 2003; Cost Plus: Pomerleau renovated the restaurant and bar, transforming them into the 225-seat Monte-Cristo Restaurant and Lounge, with its rough stonewall and wood décor and a magnificent glassed-in wine cellar.