Delta Hotel and Place des congrès Multifunctional Centre, Sherbrooke
A partnership between Pomerleau and the City of Sherbrooke enabled the latter to carry out its plan for a convention centre large enough to fill the growing demand. Pomerleau assumed the role of developer-builder for the convention centre and the connected multifunctional complex composed of a hotel, office tower and shopping centre.
Pomerleau's objective was to design, construct and deliver an attractive, functional and durable complex while minimizing the financial risks for its partners.
La Place des Congrès, realized in 4 simultaneous phases, is a 31,000 m2 multifunctional complex with:
- 12-story hotel with 178 guest rooms and suites, spa with indoor swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna and fitness centre, restaurant, bar and children's activity centre.
- 17 fully-equipped function/meeting rooms, the largest with a capacity of 1,200 people, the Conference Centre can host 2,500 people.
- 8-storey office building, with a total rental space of 8,293 m2 and parking.
- Shopping centre with a surface area of 5,000 m2 and 12 shops.
- 800 parking spaces, 100 of which are indoors, 80 are covered, 270 outdoors and 350 in a tiered concrete structure.
Delta Hotel and Moulin de la Tourelle Multifunctional Complex, Valleyfield
Restoration and transformation of the hundred-year old former Dominion Textile plant into a luxurious 29,040 m² multifunctional property with the following facilities:
- Convention Centre with a capacity of 1,000 people.
- International class hotel (9 stories) with 128 rooms and suites and a restaurant.
- Office tower (total area 6,900 m²).
- Multi-level concrete parking facility with space for 350 vehicles.
- Commercial sector (5,193 m²).
- La Tourelière, an upscale 3-storey retirees complex with 66 apartments. When it opened, it was already 99% rented.
- An apartment hotel managed by Delta offers retirees and pre-retirees 140 deluxe apartments with meals and maintenance provided by the hotel, 24/24 security and exterior parking with plug-ins for the winter season. When it opened, this facility was already 97% rented.
Among the most important objectives of the project was the retention of the old brick building's particular historical and architectural cachet while providing the latest in contemporary style, service and convenience.
Delta Hotel and Cité Champlain Multifunctional Complex, Trois-Rivières
Pomerleau was Project Manager for the construction of this complex, delivered in fast-track mode. The Cité Champlain is located near the St. Lawrence River in the heart of old Trois-Rivières and was conceived as part of the plan to revitalize this historic area.
The 32,000 m2 complex is home to the following:
- Deluxe hotel with 160 guest rooms and suites.
- Health club with swimming pool.
- Convention centre with a capacity of 2,000 people.
- Children's recreation centre.
- Bar and a restaurant.
- Food Court and retail services (3,162 m²);
- La Sitelle, a 9-storey building for pre-retirees and active retirees, with 102 apartments with balcony, dining room, common rooms, chapel, swimming pool and terrace.
- Safety is assured by 24-hour security, a central alarm system, surveillance cameras and a sprinkler system.
- 260 parking spaces.