Pomerleau completed this high-stakes project on a 60,000 m2 site during a period of record activity for the construction industry in the National Capital Region of Canada.
- Casino: 4 stories, originally 23,500 m2 and expanded to 26,200 m2
- Parking: facilities with heliport
- Marina: 50 berths
- Landscaping: Stunning lighting effects, fountain and waterfront improvements.
- Infrastructure: Relocated 2 bridges and parking lots, roadway modifications.
- Waterways: Cleaned up a lake and rerouted a lake and rivers.
- Five-Star Hotel: 24 stories, 349 guest rooms, connected to the Casino. Full convention centre (capacity 1,700), inside parking, bars, restaurants, luxurious spa with 15 therapy rooms and solarium, fitness/recreation centre with 2 swimming pools and outdoor sports facilities, 1002-seat theatre with retractable proscenium.
Meeting Unique Challenges:
- Extremely high standards of quality, environmental considerations and technical complexity within an extremely tight schedule and strict budget.
- Schedule involved 900 activities and 600 workers employed by 75 contractors.
- The work took place in the supply area of the casino, necessitating temporary installations built to code and standards that allowed the Casino's 24-hour/day operations to carry on as usual.
- Casino’s cash movements required that access control and strict surveillance be provided.